Trevor and I have been together now for over three years and have been engaged for two. Whilst we are both keen to marry, we both agreed that having children would be our priority. Now that we have been blessed with our two handsome boys and with no immediate plans for any more children, we have decided to start planning our wedding.
Recently, I wrote my 40 before 40 Bucket List which includes a list of 40 things I would love to do before I turn 40 in 6 years time. Marrying Trevor was my No.1.
Trouble is, the wedding day makes me feel anxious and the whole planning process is suddenly a very daunting one. Organisation is not my forte. I did actually apply to appear on ‘Don’t Tell the Bride’ but never heard back. Allowing Trevor to plan the wedding would be fine by me.
Some people might prefer a huge event with no expense spared but for me, our dream wedding would be the total opposite. Having a big wedding really does not appeal to me.
In all honesty, I would happily get married with a couple of witnesses and have done with it but Trevor wants the whole works. I just want to marry Trevor and to finally share the same family surname with Trevor and the boys.
Also, our money these days is better spent elsewhere, ie. on our boys. I would rather enjoy our money on incredible experiences for our family and also to put money aside for the boys’ future rather than ‘splash the cash’ on a fancy affair that will last for all of one day.
So here goes…
Wedding Planning – Things on my mind so far:
- Date – We originally said we would like to marry on 06/05/2017 (our 4yr anniversary date) although that may not be feasible.
- Budget – Our income has taken a huge hit since I’ve been on maternity leave so the costs will need to be kept to a minimum.
- Location – Our family and friends are located all over the South of England, from Cornwall through to Essex.
- Guests – My family in particular is huge, as is our lovely list of friends but as I don’t want a large wedding (and money is tight) so we may have to upset some people.
- Venue – This largely depends on the location we chose to marry but I have already ruled out marrying in a Church. Neither of us are religious and I would prefer a venue with a little difference.
Anyone know a wedding planner?