Yesterday morning, I was awakened by the usual ‘I want my breakfast milk’ cry. ‘What I would do for a lie-in’, I thought. That gave me the idea for this post.
I was always so sure that I would never have children so had never really given any thought to a ‘bucket list’ that I should complete beforehand.
So, what are the things I wished I had done before becoming a mum?
- Sleep – you will never appreciate just how amazing sleep is until you become a parent. Every milli-second of sleep is a bonus these days and if I awake before Jack at 6am, then that’s just the start of a great day!
- Travel – and I don’t mean for months on end. I mean holidays where you can experience different things. I never understand why people go to the same place. The world has lots of amazing places for us to see! Thankfully, I was able to drink a Daiquiri in Cuba, visit the Temples in Luxor, drink Scotch in The Highlands and get engaged by the Eiffel Tower. I just wished I had got to see and do more both in the UK and abroad.
- Enjoy my money – I have never been a materialistic girl so never ‘wasted’ my money on expensive things. I still dont see the point to be honest but because of always saving my money, I have discovered that I went without quite a lot. I do wish that I had bought myself new clothes, got my hair done and nails painted. I always just made-do instead. These days I am hardly able to spend any money on myself so those little luxuries would have been lovely.
- Learn a trade – I’ve always been an administrator which turns out to be quite useless when you’re a SAHM. Being able to work from home would be a great way of bringing home the pennies these days so learning a trade would have been worthwhile.
- Learn to cook – cooking toast without burning it is an achievement for me. Being able to cook-up a treat with random ingredients would be great. I usually cook the same meals throughout a given week which is pretty boring. Now that Jack is here, I’d love to be able to cook him up a treat.
So it turns out that my bucket list would have been made up of all the simple things life has to offer. If I could go back, I certainly wouldn’t have been so worried about saving for a rainy day, I would have lived for the moment.
But all is not lost, these days I have a new bucket list; enjoying special times with MY gorgeous little family and giving Jack all I have to offer. My vacations may be different and my hair might be a mess but being with Jack and Trevor is all that matters now. I have new and more important dreams to enjoy.
What should have been on your Bucket List?
Thank you for visiting our post. You can also find us here:
Or visit some of our other posts: