Sadly, I think that expectant Dads are often overlooked when it comes to planning for labour and baby’s arrival. After all, it is a huge and special time in their life too.
Trevor was incredible during my labour with Jack and I have no idea what I would have done without him there. It wasn’t until Jack was born that I realised Trevor had not sat down, eaten or left my side during my 20hr labour and that made me feel really guilty.
I was sat wondering last night, of the things that I could do for Trevor to make it up to him this time around and came up with the following:
- Prepare a hospital bag just for Trevor, to include:
- Change of clothes
- Comfy shoes
- Snacks and drinks
- Request a chair on arrival so that he isn’t left standing all day/night
- Routinely check that he is okay?
- Special requests for Trevor in Birthing Notes:
- Trevor to deliver the baby (or catch it if you like) – if allowed
- Trevor to cut the cord (he didn’t get the chance to last time)
- Trevor to make first phone calls to deliver the good news
I would also like to get Trevor a pressie from baby so that I can give it to him at the hospital, whilst us three are there alone. Just in case he decides to read this post, I shall leave my ideas unmentioned 🙂
What are your thoughts? Anything I might have missed?