In 2 years, Trevor and I have enjoyed a date night just 3 times. We love spending time together but since having children, it’s been a bit of a challenge. Time, money and childcare all playing a part.
We have recognised recently that we both miss our alone time and decided that we need to make more of an effort when it comes to our relationship.
So that there can be no excuses, and following a suggestion from a close friend, we have started to plan fortnightly date nights that we can enjoy together at home, once the kids are in bed.
11 Date Night Ideas to enjoy at Home…
- Make an effort and get dressed up (just as you would if you was going out-out).
- Make dinner together and create a romantic atmosphere around your own dining table.
- Have a spa night – Think back massages, candles and bubble bath…
- Take some photos of you together – when was the last time you did that?
- Snuggle up and watch a romantic movie together.
- Discuss your early day memories, embarrassing moments and browse through photos.
- Have a blind taste test. Each taking turns to guess some yummy treats like chocolate spread, strawberries, ice-cream etc.
- Write your life long bucket list together or a list of ‘reasons why I love you’, over a glass of wine.
- Have an indoor picnic, roast marshmallows or enjoy a wine and cheese tasting session.
- Turn your bedroom into a love nest (or even the living room!).
- Consider a subscription Date Night Box. Let Date Delivered take care of the planning for you with a personalised, fun and unique date night, boxed up and delivered to your door.
So keep that fire burning with your better half, put the kids to bed and get your date night on, at home.
*We was provided with a Date Delivered box for free. Our honest review will be available soon.