Baby Brain does exist. I’ve suffered with it since my pregnancy with Jack, although, I’m sure those who know me would suggest I’ve been absentminded since I was a baby myself.
My ‘condition’ has got far worse recently and my unfortunate mishaps appear to be a lot more frequent. At least I can blame the hormones and sleep deprivation now…
Here are some of my more ‘special’ recent moments and in no particular order:
- Pouring away the baby’s milk that I had just watched chill for 10 minutes with the baby screaming in my arms.
- Putting the fabric conditioner in the fridge.
- Pouring freshly made tea back into the kettle.
- Finding Jack’s ‘toast’ in the toaster, the next morning. I’m sure he didn’t want breakfast anyway.
- Paying for goods in a shop and then walking out without the goods. At least I didn’t forget the baby!
- Brushing my teeth with the old toothbrush I had bleached and scrubbed the toilet bowl with. The thought of this still makes me feel physically sick.
- Hanging unwashed clothes out to dry. Yep, I really did that.
- Getting seriously stressed out with the broken vacuum cleaner which wasn’t even switched on.
- Getting in the shower still wearing my underwear.
- Falling over the baby gate which I had just closed myself – this happened only yesterday.
Feel free to share some of your favourite baby brain moments so that I know I’m not suffering alone…